Skip instructions and begin!
The online version of Wizard Reborn basically works like the regular novel: Start at page one and work your way through in linear fashion. Each online page constitutes about a third of a traditional book page (there are nearly 800 online pages versus about 300 printed pages to the novel). So the read is broken up into smaller chunks online.
In addition to the text, the online version presents an original picture depicting the storyline at the moment, beautifully illustrated by Mr. Steven Wirtz of Fond du Lac, WI. An original music score developed by Mr. Merek Royce Press of New York City has also been created for the online version, with nearly every page playing 30-60 seconds of relevant background music. Associated audio and even video clips were also originally created for the novel, but they have been culled from this version (click to interact with the full original version--Quicktime required).
The online novel interface appears as follows:
- Chapter: Select a desired chapter from the dropdown list (total of 15 chapters).
- Page: Select a specific page from the novel. Only those pages associated with the currently-selected chapter are shown.
- Music Button: By default, background music will automatically play (via Flash). Click the button to turn the background music off and back on.
- Text: Each page contains a few paragraphs of text, roughly one-third the page of the printed novel version. It normally takes about a minute to read through the longest of the online pages.
- Image: Each page also contains a unique graphic image depicting the situation at the moment.
- Back Button: Takes the reader back a page (regardless of what chapter is chosen).
- Next Button: Takes the reader forward a page (again, regardless of what chapter is chosen). This is the most frequently selected control within the interface.